Thursday, May 31, 2007

Uwe Buschkotter and His Party Players - If I Were a Rich Bossa Nova Man (1967) | Germany

Several surprises are scheduled for Germany, country number three on Music from All Countries at Loronix. I never could imagine Germany delivering worldwide third place in terms of participation, but this is something that I want to detail on country closing information. Let's start with Caetano's selected pick for Germany, an album included on his Bossa Nova book that I'm having the chance to know for the first time with our tribute.

This is Uwe Buschkotter and His Party Players - If I Were a Rich Bossa Nova Man (1967), Decca Germany. This is a really unusual album, starting with this psycho cover artwork. Little is known about Uwe Buschkotter that delivers with His Partyplayers a blending of Bossa Nova with what is used to be referenced as "latin music" with a diverse repertoire mixing Brazilian music, The Beatles, among other ones that I could not identify. Tracks include:

01 - If I Were a Rich Man
02 - Soul Man
03 - Bambarina
04 - Lady Madonna
05 - Summer Samba
06 - The Fool on the Hill
07 - Sunny
08 - Guantanamera
09 - Carpenter's Dream
10 - The Shadow of your Smile
11 - The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde
12 - Sansibar


-->