Saturday, June 30, 2007

Carlos Lee - Bossa Maximus

I received this album today from a new Loronixer, good friend, very willing to collaborate. He asked more information about this singer, Carlos Lee. I spoke with someone that knows everything, Caetano Rodrigues and the answer was: "I never heard about Carlos Lee". So I decided to make it for Loronixers appreciation. This album had a reissue a couple of years ago, with no additional information about it. This is probably one of the most obscure albums I had the chance to show here and I hope our community can gather the missing information.

This is Carlos Lee - Bossa Maximus (no date), for Musidisc. I can only say that the album is nice and very well arranged. If you ask my guess how old is Carlos Lee, I would say he had less than twenty five years by the time Bossa Maximus was released, perhaps this is the reason why is voice is not so "mature" as it uses to be. Anyway, I will let with Loronixers the work to unlock what is behind Carlos Lee and his Bossa Maximus. Tracks include:

01 - Canto de Boiadeiro
02 - Meu Rio
03 - Zulu
04 - Amando Estou
05 - Cantiguinha
06 - Capoeira de Oxalá
07 - Mensagem
08 - Subúrbio Triste
09 - Rei do Kilombo
10 - Você Me Conquistou
11 - Quarta
12 - Disseram

-->